Thursday, October 27, 2016

[10-25-16] post4

with this assignment, i wanted to not only use my own image, but have a meaningful one! in my art, i love using my body as the Ultimate Vessel of creation and i think this mainly stems from trying to find a more secure sense of self and appreciate for the body that i have. I also have a very "fuck you" attitude to just about everything so art projects for homework is so no different. it's not so much a "i don't care" kind of statement but more of a "f the establishment" kind of mentality and putting things in your face that you don't really want there. i love forcing someone into my space. it means you can't ignore what i have to say and i feel like i have some important things to discuss you know! 
i chose a booty selfie because like i said previously, i want to love myself a little more with each moment but i also love the idea of putting ideas that we like to pretend don't happen to the forefront. it's as if i'm using my own personal sext to normalize the idea of taking ~risqué~ pictures of one self. whether it be for yourself or someone else, we too often shame taking nude pictures. ESPECIALLY FOR WOMEN!!!!!! i hate all of the socially constructed rules that we're meant to follow, like for what? to impress who? it's exhausting. 
it's my own personal mission with every piece i make to let these girls know that you don't need to sugar coat yourself for ANYBODY. that goes for anyone really, but i have a special place for my girls. 

i wish i had a deeper meaning for using charcoal but honestly? my money is TIGHT and this is what i had on deck when I realized the deadline was passing. having to shade each individual square however was a humbling experience and gave me a deeper sense of patience. at least for now

No comments:

Post a Comment